Tuesday, November 6, 2012

College Media Convention

By now, it's no secret that I really freaking love cities. This weekend I got to go back to Chicago with this wonderful group of people. 

Photo credit: David Wheeler

Being there refreshed my love for all things urban. I had forgotten how much I love the busyness of cities. I love walking instead of driving. I love the streets bustling with people. I love the buzz of creative energy. I love the perpetual newness and sense of possibility.

We were in town for the College Media Association's National College Media Convention. They'd heard about a little redesign we did last year, and asked us to share about our experiences and give tips to other newspapers looking to do a similar thing.

Photo credit: David Wheeler

Speaking at the conference was a thrill, and the weekend reminded me why I'm so blessed to be in Asbury's award-winning journalism department. I can't believe everything that happened last year. I got to work with a brilliant team and establish a new personality for The Collegian. Then I got to go with the very same journalism department to report on the Olympics in London. I'd never have guessed when I took my first journalism class sophomore year that it would lead to all of this and set me on a completely new career path.

I'm simultaneously excited for and terrified of life after college, but as I look ahead to grad school, I'm holding on to moments like this and reminding myself that the Lord is the one who guides my steps.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, been there. Wanting someone so bad and they don't seem to notice how you feel, don't seem to notice how you'd give up the world for them. It's validating Visites the
    Meditation Blogs
    Another Related Sites
    Relaxation Meditation

    ReplyDelete