Saturday, September 1, 2012

London 2012 Recap

So . . . I kinda dropped the ball on blogging in London. We just had so many things going on! I did get back to the states safely, and it's hard to believe that just a month ago, I was halfway through my time in London.

Among the highlights of the last week were:

1)  filming a segment with some adorable British schoolchildren

2) seeing former Olympics rivals from the 1948 London games meet again
    for the first time in 64 years


3) visiting the Olympic Village to interview the events manager of the US track
    team

4) getting to visit the Queen's private box at Epsom Downs

and 5) saying goodbye to the city on our final night.

Okay, so that last one was more like a lowlight than a highlight, but even when I was sad about leaving, I couldn't help but love my last few moments. 

I miss that city. I miss it in my chest. I miss it in my bones. And yes, I'm romanticizing things and glossing over details, but until I go back, I plan to indulge in every bit of unabashed sentimentalism. I'm hanging on to my passport, sleeping under a painting of Big Ben, and practicing my accent.

London, I'll be seeing you again someday.

XOXO,

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment