Monday, July 30, 2012

Leicester Square

Today we filmed in Leicester Square (pronounced les-ter) in the heart of London

We spent the afternoon asking Brits to attempt saying American phrases (video to come soon), and the guy on the left has the silliest American impression I've ever heard.

Photo credit: Cameron Hassler

The closest thing I have to compare Leicester to is Times Square in New York City, but the mood of Leicester Square is way different from that of Times Square. The people are calmer, and the storefronts less neon.

When I visited New York, I enjoyed the city, but I didn't feel at ease. Everything seemed so fast-paced and high-pressured, and the beauty was tempered with grime. London's different. Its people are friendly, its subway system is clear, and its streets feel bright.

I'm not sure if I'm tough enough to live in a big city long-term, but if I had to, I'd say my best bet would be London. Maybe I'm romanticizing it, but this city seems incredible. I'm still trying to put my finger on what it is I love so much about this place. I'll get back to you when I have the right words for it.

1 comment:

  1. London feels beautifully designed. I think that's a reason to love it.

    ReplyDelete