Friday, April 22, 2011

Upside Down

I hesitate to write this blog because I don't want to handle the subject flippantly. It's Good Friday, and I just wanted to say how beautiful and terrible and wonderful this day is.

I don't treat this day with enough reverence. I can't even get my mind around what it means really.

Here's what I do understand:

I'm a sinner. I'm nasty. My heart is grosser than the gum on the bottom of your shoe. If you could see what I say and do when nobody's around or what I'm thinking, you'd be disgusted and probs wouldn't want to be my friend.

I'm a sinner, and I did not deserve for someone to die for me.

Especially since I'm still rude and self-centered.

Especially since I'm ungrateful about what he did.

Especially since that someone was holy and perfect and (oh yeah) God.

The world turned upside down that day. My future turned upside down because of that day. And slowly, slowly, slowly my heart is turning upside down because of that day.

1 comment:

  1. This is just what I needed to hear today. I’m also turning incredibly slowly.

    ReplyDelete