Saturday, April 16, 2011

Dream. Create. Inspire.

It's Engaging Culture Weekend at Asbury—my favorite part of the academic year.

Don't get me wrong. Asbury rocks all year round. We put on everything from movies on the green to coffeehouses to (spoof) male beauty pageants. We send dozens of students to the Olympics every two years. I have awesome profs and even awesomer friends.

But nothing else makes me quite as excited, proud, and ridiculously sentimental as Engaging Culture Weekend.


This is the moment when Asbury shines. We bring in speakers from all over. We have movie screenings, art exhibits and special workshops. And on Saturday night, the weekend reaches its pinnacle with Highbridge.

Highbridge is our annual film festival. Media Comm. majors work tirelessly on films, event planning, and publicity for the night, and the whole campus gets dressed up to come enjoy their work.

I got to act in one of the short films that's premiering tonight, and I'm so excited to see it on the big screen!

I love this weekend. I love the color and the activity and the energy.

But it's not watching the movies or walking on the red carpet or getting all dressed up that I love most.


I
t's the passion. It's the sense that people are coming together, all using their talents and ideas and dreams to do something bigger than themselves.

It's what college is all about. It's what the kingdom is all about.

It's what I want my life to be about.

No comments:

Post a Comment