Thursday, March 24, 2011

My Cup Runneth Over

Dear Blog World,

I have a problem.
I'm addicted to overcommitting.

I made an infographic to describe my neurosis.
It doesn't come from a fear of failure or a need for recognition or a perfectionist tendency (although I'll freely admit to having all of those).

It's just that I get excited about things. Really excited. About everything. All the time.

I hear about a new class or a new project, and every fiber of my being just yells, "That! I want to do that! Right now!" It's like I'm seeing new colors or tasting new flavors or visiting new worlds.

I try to split my time up among all these commitments, and it just doesn't work. There's so many of them and only one of me. But if you ask me to do fewer things, I feel like I'm making Sophie's choice. I can't think of one thing I wouldn't cry over if I cut it out of my life.

Does anybody else feel this way?

1 comment: