Sunday, February 27, 2011

As You Like It

The American Shakespeare Center came to the 'bury this weekend to perform As You Like It.











I was excited to see the play because we had just studied it in Shakespeare 410.

Shakespeare is by far my favorite class this semester, butI feel like an English major heretic for saying thisI was a little burned out on As You Like It. No pun intended.

















The play was performed well, and the costumes were phenomenal, but I had already read the play twice, watched it once, studied it for hours, and written an essay on Rosalind and Orlando.

By the time the three-hour performance was over, I was ready to go to bed. I'm such an old lady!


Another thought: is it weird that prefer Shakespeare's histories to his comedies?

No comments:

Post a Comment