Sunday, January 9, 2011

Something New

When I was little, the phrase "back to school" meant shopping for school supplies.

It meant begging for the 64-pack of Crayola crayons.
It meant packing my backpack days in advance.
It meant laying my clothes out the night before.


Today, I'm back at school, and it means something totally different.

It means loading our van with textbooks, computer gear, and clean laundry.
It means finding my Asbury I.D. and putting the house-key away in a drawer.

It means saying hello...

and saying good-bye.

It means bracing myself for the stress of a new semester...

And getting excited for the crazy nights like these:

And it means something more, something I can't quite put into words. It means something exciting and terrifying and wonderful.


It means something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment