Sunday, June 6, 2010

A Puiche of Quiche

I know my last three posts have been about food, but I want to promise you, dear readers, that I do not, in fact, spend all of my time eating. I leave the house and interact with other people and lead a pretty normal life.
But I was kinda impressed that this quiche actually turned out okay, so I wanted to show it off to everybody in the blogosphere.
(Am I pretentious if I use the word blogosphere? Is there a better word? Or am I still pretentious just because I worry about bring pretentious? Quiche is a kinda pretentious food anyway... Whatevs. Recipe below the pic.)
pizza
Greg's Quiche
(Greg is some old coworker of my mother. I have never met him, and the only thing I know about him is that she used to work with him at the newspaper.)
Ingredients
1-1/2 cups yellow squash, chopped
2 cups broccoli
1/4 pound colby cheese
1/4 pound cheddar, swiss or mozzarella cheese
5 eggs
1/2 cup milk
celery salt
basil leaves
Directions
1. Steam chopped squash for 25 min, then steam broccoli for 25 min.
2. Grate cheese & mix with eggs and milk (but save 2 thin slices of colby).
3. Cook eggs, cheese, & milk in sauce pan on low heat for 10-15 minutes.
4. Mix in cooked squash and broccoli.
5. Add a pinch of celery salt and basil leaves.
6. Pour filling into a deep dish pie crush, then lay thin slices of colby cheese overtop & add a sprinkling of oregano.
7. Bake for 45 minutes at 375°

No comments:

Post a Comment